There is a story about a business man who lived a considerable distance from his elderly father. Months had passed since they had been together and when his father called to ask when he might visit, the son detailed a list of reasons that prevented him from taking the time to see his father, e.g., business meetings, new clients, planning, etc., etc. At the end of the recitation, the father asked, “When I die, do you intend to come to my funeral?” The son’s response was immediate, “Dad, I can’t believe you’d ask that! Of course, I’ll come!” To which the father replied, “Good. Forget the funeral and come; I need you more now than I will then.”Let us spend quality time with our family members.....God bless you and Happy Family Day!Sunday, December 26, 2010
Happy Family Day
There is a story about a business man who lived a considerable distance from his elderly father. Months had passed since they had been together and when his father called to ask when he might visit, the son detailed a list of reasons that prevented him from taking the time to see his father, e.g., business meetings, new clients, planning, etc., etc. At the end of the recitation, the father asked, “When I die, do you intend to come to my funeral?” The son’s response was immediate, “Dad, I can’t believe you’d ask that! Of course, I’ll come!” To which the father replied, “Good. Forget the funeral and come; I need you more now than I will then.”Let us spend quality time with our family members.....God bless you and Happy Family Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment